A typical DOMESTIC project-
Looking to purchase a new home? it needs some work ? Many of our projects start with us providing a RICS building survey, unlike many larger firms we offer a quality bespoke report, written individually giving advice on the major factors that affect your home including maintenance, energy efficiency and ongoing costs.
We can then help to produce a specification of works, tender and supervision for any of the remedial works required.
Our clients often ask us to comment on alterations or extensions that might be possible to fully realise the potential of their building. Our expert team of Bristol architectural technologists and have a wealth of local and national planning knowledge and can help guide and co-ordinate the householder planning process giving advice on what might be possible.
Our highly skilled workforce can produce the level of design that benefits you, from basic 2-dimensional plans to fully adaptable 3d models using the most up to date architectural CAD packages.
Our team will also help guide you through the regulatory maze of planning, building regulations approval, listed building consent, energy compliance, party wall act and health and safety regulations.
Here for you when you need us, we tailor our package to give you the level of service you require. This can include taking you through to completion of your project with our project administration service, including, tendering, site inspections, stage payment sign off and quality control. You can be sure you are getting an ethical and professional service by way of our professional memberships and affiliations.
Our Mission Statement -
Our practice aims to provide comprehensive and tailored solutions through a multi-disciplinary approach to the built environment. We believe we offer a locally unique solution to bring your project from concept to completion.
We are regulated by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors & The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists.
Our collaborative one-stop shop approach is fuelled from our Bath hub office where we house several complimentary small businesses including an energy assessor, interior designers, fire engineer, ecologists and project managers.
We often work with homeowners, developers or businesses, from small domestic works to multi million pound commercial projects.
Our multi-disciplinary team based in Bath, Bristol and Frome includes members of the following organisations:
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists, The Association of Project Safety, The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors & The Chartered Association of Building Engineers.
Our practice is regulated by the RICS, CIAT
and we are training affiliates of CABE.
"We will achieve our Vision by providing clients with a personal, high quality, comprehensive and multi disciplinary service with exceptional value"
OUR CULTURE & SHARED VALUES
How we approach our work
Hard Working, Efficient, High Quality Output, Sense of Humour, Willing to Strive.
How we approach our projects
Creative, Innovative, Design Conscious, Realistic and Cost Conscious
How we approach our clients
Approachable, Adaptable to a Broad Social Spectrum, Compassionate, Positive, Energetic & Open Minded.
Charitable, Fair, Impartial and Socially Responsible.
Our attitudes towards training
Broad Spectrum of Experience, Consultant Levels of Specialist Knowledge and Willing to Continually Improve.
Our work environment
Inclusive, Positive, Fun, Fair “a culture of give and take”, Beyond Colleagues
When you use Western Building Consultants you know that we will nurture your project success through our unique and
very special 10 point approach.
1) We have unparalleled technical knowledge and produce comprehensive architectural designs and surveys. You will be getting market leading technical advice, approached with imaginative problem solving techniques and helping to identify potential problems with the build before they arise.
2) We have a large team of surveyors ensuring that there is continuity with your project but retain a personal service. This means your project is unlikely to be held up due to leave etc. There should always be at least two surveyors familiar with the project and on larger schemes a bigger team will be assembled with the required specialist knowledge.
3) We can provide the majority of services required for a small project in house, making us practically a one stop shop. Having most services in house means that we are often fully accountable for the professional services on your project, this ensures simplicity, communication and efficiency.
4) Where we do not have the in house skills to tackle an element of a project we are well networked locally to utilise outside consultants that we have built up relationships with over many years. You will get the best of local knowledge and be introduced to like minded trusted suppliers with excellent professional services.
5) We offer exceptional value for money, we are positive, approachable, pragmatic, realistic and well rounded. You will feel at ease discussing issues with your project, our pragmatic approach to design and refurbishment means that we can often deliver built in VALUE and we are grounded and cost conscious to ensure that our projects are buildable.
6) We are here for you when you need us. With our survey to completion guarantee. You won’t be left alone, we can fit in wherever you need us in the project or guide you through the whole process knowing there is always someone at hand whenever the need.
7) We employ qualified professionals with a variety of skill sets and the latest training. many of our employees have specialist post graduate qualifications. You will receive a professional, comprehensive and cohesive consultation and guidance throughout the project, ensuring that your development is handled with a consultant level of knowledge.
8) We have vast planning experience and are adaptable to most architectural styles and ages of buildings. We are perfectly able to adapt to the style of your property from contemporary to traditional, urban to rural. We have designed projects in most styles and can use our broad experience to help design the best solution for your property, using whatever construction technology best suites your needs.
9) We are realistic with timescales and straight talking. We don’t promise the earth and then not deliver. Most people underestimate the time involved with a building project. We are upfront and straight with how long projects might take and will advise you if there will be a disruption in this timetable.
10) We are very ethical in our thinking and socially responsible. Our staff are happy and content and this shows through with our positive approach to your project. We work to the highest professional standards as required by both the RICS and CIAT. You can rest assured that when you employ WBC your money is going to an organisation that supports local, national and international projects through schemes such as FairTrade, Buy1Give1 and the Bath percent club. This is backed up by a rigorous Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.